What once started as a small niche-consulting boutique in 2015, is now becoming a firm that is taking on more complex and challenging assignments across the Netherlands and you can become a part of this fast-paced and dynamic environment
FiSer is derived from FInancial SERvices, which indicates our focus on the Financial Services industry. We live by a common set of a shared vision and values, beliefs and behaviors which help us to give focus and inspiration on our engagement with our clients and business partners.
We are looking for talented Senior Transformation Consultants who are delivery focused and who always push their limits when solving issues in transforming businesses for top institutions in the Financial Services industry.
Why FiSer Consulting?
FiSer’s values provide guidance on how we deliver against our vision and mission. We foster a culture where integrity, professionalism, respect, openness and commitment serve as pillars to our culture. We see mistakes as learning opportunities and we applaud both personal and professional growth in an environment that is driven by continual change.
As a Transformation Consultant you will work together with our clients to deliver their most challenging and complex change management assignments. You will draw on your, and the teams, practical experience of delivering change within the Financial Services industry, utilising in-depth regulatory, risk, and/or capital or financial management knowledge gained within a Financial Services environment.
Depending on your specific skill set and experience you will support our clients in different roles and levels in their organisation with a primary focus on change management assignments. You will be working as Senior Business Analyst, Advisor, Project or Program Manager depending on your experience and skill set. Besides client delivery you will be invited to contribute to the further development of our office and to play a part in the growth of a niche-consulting firm.
Generic consulting qualifications
- Relevant experience starting with a minimum of 4-8 years of experience of working within front office, operations, finance, market-, credit-, liquidity and/or operational risk project roles or advisory roles within Financial Services sector
- Either strong Project Management skills or Business Analytical skills, including preparation of and presentation of presentations
- Ability to collect and analyse data requirements and translate these into change requirements
- Ability to present to senior level staff within client organisations
- Experience of working on projects through full lifecycle from initiation to implementation – managing issues, risks and resolving conflicts on behalf of project sponsors
- Experience of the Consulting Toolkit in terms of advisory, client engagement and delivery; Consulting experience from other Consulting Firms (e.g. Big Four) is a pré
- Specific knowledge of financial instruments (e.g. structured credit, equity / fixed income derivatives etc.) – emphasis on an understanding of how to treat cash flow from these instruments / structures and using quantitative techniques for pricing purposes
- Strong understanding of current and upcoming regulation within the Financial Services industry.
Specific business qualitifcations
Specialised in at least 1 of the following areas:
Knowledge of Core Financial Products processing capabilities:
- Front Office processing: Trade execution, Asset gathering, Portfolio optimization, New products, Portfolio management, Portfolio modelling, Structuring and pricing, Analytics, Order management, Cash Management, Funding, Balance sheet steering
- Operations: Custody, clearing and settlement, Stock borrow loan, Confirmations, Asset servicing, Reconciliation and exceptions, Cash management, Collateral management, Fee management, Corporate actions
- Key regulatory transformation areas: SOLVENCY II, EMIR, MiFID II, MAR, CSDR , FRTB, Basel III & IV etc.
With respect to the risk types a good understanding of:
- Market Risk: VaR, Stressed VaR, IRC, CVA VaR, expected shortfall, Hypo and Clean P&L.
- (Counterparty) Credit Risk: netting, legal agreements, margin, collateral, limits, EPE, PFE, CVA, Monte Carlo simulation.
- Liquidity Risk: Fund Transfer Pricing, Cashflow forecasting, Behavioural Maturity Calendars, LCR, NSFR.
- Operational Risk good understanding of Risk & Control frameworks, Process flow modelling, AMA framework, business process (re)engineering.
- Exposure to internal (Economic capital) and regulatory (Basel III) capital calculations, processes and reporting.
- Key regulatory transformation areas: New Market Risk Framework (FRTB), Revisions to standardised approach for Credit Risk.
Strong background in Finance specifically in the following areas:
- Financial Accounting: Product control, Financial control, Fund administration, valuation skills related to risk management and pricing (e.g. regulatory, economic capital, economic value added (EVA) risk adjusted pricing, asset – liability management, net interest income)
- Management Accounting: Performance measurement, Management Reporting, Regulatory Reporting
- Key regulatory transformation areas: IFRS9.
Sufficient experience and / or knowledge of banking and payments, such as:
- Ability to understand the broader landscape of Payments areas (i.e. SEPA, SWIFT operations, international money transfer, API, Open Banking implementation projects, Paypal and the Fintech landscape);
- Affinity with PSD2, Instant Payments and (Dutch) domestic schemes.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- A drive to achieve and deliver
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Well-rounded personal skills
- Committed to achieving client satisfaction
- Consultancy experience
- Experience of working in a Tier 1 Financial Services Firm
- No 9 to 5 working mentality
- Ability to meet travel requirements; primary focus is the Netherlands
Work permit status
Candidates must be able to satisfy visa and residency requirements required to work in the Netherlands and the European Union. No sponsorship required.
What we offer
- Challenging assignments in a dynamic, international environment in small teams.
- Entrepreneurial freedom to work on growing a niche consulting firm. No large red-tape organization, but short and clear communication lines.
- Access to the FiSer Consulting network which provides you knowledge sharing with peers from your industry.
- Access to client opportunities of FiSer Consulting to find the job that suits you most. You are not stuck in one permanent role but have the opportunity to work at multiple clients.
- A training package tailored to your needs. Each consultant has a different background and training needs and that is why standard training schemes do not work according to us.
- A market competitive package focused on giving your freedom in the way you spend your money, i.e. no mandatory phones, cars or pension schemes. The package however includes a bonus schedule which is based on your achievements against the goals set.
- Besides hard work and without a 9 to 5 mentality, having fun is key as well. We regularly organise social events where you can connect with fellow consultants.
Established in 2015 by Managing Partners Mischa Wesdorp and Dirk Worm, FiSer Consulting is a niche-consulting firm focused on Business and Technology Transformation for its international clients in the Financial Services sector. It provides a strong knowledge base for the different transformation areas within the financial services sector. FiSer Consulting operates at the heart of the change organisations and ensures that complex programmes are being delivered according plan. Key drivers for the services that FiSer Consulting offers, are high quality and experienced resources with a known track record for delivery: FiSer Consulting will ensure that projects get delivered within the required timelines and with the required quality.
If you match this profile and are interested in a career with FiSer Consulting, please send your updated CV (english) and motivational letter (english) to firstname.lastname@example.org.